5. Set up your LinkedIn Profiles & Company Pages to 100%
Invest some time in the setup of your Company Page and employee LinkedIn profiles. As recruiters, we lead by example and with the amount of exposure and connections you make in your career, you want your first online impression to be a positive and professional one.
Here is a basic overview of how you can set up your online profiles as the foundation for social engagement:
Your “online resume” is a first impression of your employees and direct reflection of your company. A 100% completed profile is a key attribute to those who are socially engaged.
- Arrange a “photo day” and provide your employees with a professional headshot to use
- Provide a background image using your company branding
- Ensure that your employees have set up their work history, corrected their current job title and selected the right company as their current employer (you’ll be surprised how many people have selected ZACK Group as their employer when we have never heard of them – shout out to our ZACK Groupies in the US, UK, Malaysia, Tanzania, Brazil and Colorado!)
- Review the company description on their individual profiles and provide some multimedia files to attach
- Ensure the industry everyone has selected is the same as your Company Page’s industry for consistency
- Encourage everyone to gain Endorsements and Recommendations where appropriate
The LinkedIn hub of your company information, content, branding, employees and jobs.
- Upload your logo (are we being too specific now?) and make sure it’s a high-quality image
- Cover your Company’s page in your branding. Saturate it. Smother it.
- It’s a great place to create a great first impression to promote your awards and your service specialities
- You can use the “Pin Post” function to keep a great company culture post at the top of your newsfeed, being one of the first posts that your visitors see
Define a purpose for this page – a common use of this page is for internal recruitment. The following points are based on this example:
- Give your potential future employees a glimpse into what a career at your company offers
- Use images of your team, work culture, office and events so they can picture themselves working there with you
- Video is a great way to do this^^!
- Utilise the links to connect your website and other social media platforms
- Attach some articles which your employees have written to promote them
- Include some real employee testimonials as advocates for your company
In addition to completing your profiles and utilising the features which LinkedIn offer to present your company professionally, LinkedIn Recruiter is hands-down leading the future in social recruiting. With over 530 million professional profiles, LinkedIn Recruiter is an essential tool in connecting your clients to quality candidates and business development.
LinkedIn’s Most Socially Engaged Staffing Agencies have actively demonstrated that the above points are tried and true. With many other factors contributing to the success of this award (which would probably be far too much information for an article), the key criteria for deciding the winners will be always evolving and leading innovations for social recruiting.